0.250" (6.35mm) diameter, Gold plated. N52 Rare Earth Neodymium Sphere Magnets. Ball Magnets Magnetic Balls
Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) = 5 pcs
Common Applications: Sensors, consumer electronics, jewelry, and medical applications
About Small Sphere Magnets: Defined with a diameter between 0.040" (1.016mm) - 0.250" (6.35mm). The surface area will determine the reach and profile of the magnetic field and performance of the sphere magnets.
Direction of Magnetization (DOM): Sphere Magnets are manufactured so the DOM is set during the manufacturing process and cannot be changed. Available options during manufacturing for DOM:
- Through the diameter
Magnetic Grades: To view a table of grades and specs, see our Neodymium Magnet Grades & Specs
About Gold Coating on Magnets:
- FDA approved medical coating for in-body use
- Has an undercoating of Ni-Cu-Ni
- Protection of the magnet from corrosion in ambient air
- Slight protection from humidity, water, or salt water. The thickness of the gold is very thin, so performance in salt spray tests will ultimately show failure of the coating. Making the coating thicker will help, but gold is intended to be thin.
- Gold finish
- Thickness of gold layer: 0.3-0.6 micron
- Cost: High
- Max working Temp: Approximately 200o C
- Main Industries: medical (in and out of body applications), jewelry, decorative uses.
View Characteristics of Magnet Coatings for information on all our coating options.
Custom Magnets: Need custom Sphere Magnets? Use one of the below methods to contact a magnetics specialist about your application.
Safe Magnet Practices: Neodymium Magnets are a valuable resource to engineers, innovators, product designers and DIY professionals. Always practice safe handling and keep away from children at all times.
This Product Not Eligible for Shipment to Canada, per Section 7 of the CCPSA
|Max Working Temp||60°C|
|Approx. Pull Force||2.02 LB|
|Direction of Magnetism||Across the diameter|