IntroductionProtecting your privacy is a main priority to SuperMagnetMan and SM Magnetics. We are committed to keeping every customer’s information confidential and ensure them that we understand the importance of protecting personal information while providing excellent service.
This policy will provide an overview of the types of information that we may collect:
- On our SuperMagnetMan website during the ordering process
- On our SuperMagnetMan website when requesting a quote
- On our SM Magnetics website when requesting a quote
- In emails or texts between you and our staff
Minors Under the Age of 13
While we are not able to identify the age of an individual utilizing our site, we do not knowingly collect personal information from minors under 13 years of age. If an individual is under 13, we request that you do not provide any information on our website, or on or through any of the features of the site. We also require no minors to set up an account, make any purchases, or leave comments on or about this site which may provide any information about yourself, including name, address, telephone number, email address, or any other personal information. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information about a minor under the age of 13 without verification or parental consent, we will immediately delete all information.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect several types of information from and about users and customers of our website. This includes:
- Information that personally identifies you, including name, postal address, email address or telephone number.
- Information from any correspondence with us, including online chats, online surveys, emails, requests for quotes, or electronic inquiries.
- Information provided during the ordering process or when setting up an account
- When browsing our website we can identify the type of computer and operating system you are using, the browsing device, and the pages you have visited.
- Like most websites, SuperMagnetMan and SM Magnetics use cookie technology. This does not reveal your personal information but is only used to track the parts of our website that are most popular and frequently visited by our customers, the time spent on specific pages, and to study the traffic patterns associated with customer visits.
- Information automatically collected include usage details, IP addresses and tracking technologies to identify repeat and return customers.
Why We Collect Information
SuperMagnetMan and SM Magnetics collect personal information for the purposes of:
- Processing and shipping orders to the correct contact and address
- Recognizing our repeat and loyal customers
- Notifying and communicating with our registered customers
- Making the ordering process easier for our registered customers
- Communicating easier and quicker for customers requiring information
- Notifying our customers of any changes with SuperMagnetMan or SM Magnetics
How Do We Use Your Information?
- To process and fulfill orders
- To present our website and its content to each visitor and customer
- To provide you with technical information, products or updates
- To notify you about changes to our website, company, products, or other noteworthy information
- To allow you to easily access our website and company information
- To gather statistical data that allows us to provide the best product mix and website experience possible for our customers and visitors.
- To gather data on popular searches and products
- To allow our customers to view their historical purchase records
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
If legally required, SuperMagnetMan or SM Magnetics may need to disclose your information. Or, if necessary in the best interest of public safety and concern. We may also disclose personal information that is provided as follows:
- To our service or manufacturing partners in support of your business
- To a buyer or successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our business assets.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory agency
- To enforce billing or collection requirements
- To protect the rights, property or safety of SuperMagnetMan, SM Magnetics, our customers, our suppliers, our contractors, or others who may be adversely harmed.
Control of Your Personal Information
We have implemented mechanisms that allow our customers and visitors to take control of their personal information. Here are some of the ways to control your information with SuperMagnetMan and SM Magnetics
Promotional Offers & News
You may opt-out of promotional emails with discounts and specials, news about our company, or updates in the industry by clicking the unsubscribe button or adjusting the settings in your account to state that you do not want promotional and news emails. Order confirmation and shipping emails will still be sent even if a customer chooses to opt-out of promotional and news emails.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
It is the policy of SuperMagnetMan and SM Magnetics never to sell, rent, or lease our customer to list any third party company for marketing purposes. If required by law to reveal customer information, we will comply with the government agency accordingly.
We will take precautions internally to ensure your data is protected, and we recommend that our customers periodically review their account for the accuracy of their information, and to change passwords often. Passwords should use a combination of letters, numbers and special characters.
Privacy and confidentiality is a joint effort, and our customers need to play their part. We offer our customers the following suggestions and direction:
- Protect your password. Never disclose it to another person
- Change your password often
- Use caution when browsing any website. Transmission over the internet is not completely secure, so use caution and best practices when visiting websites
- Keep your data updated and periodically check with credit agencies to determine if your personal data has been compromised
- Periodically check your registered account with SuperMagnetMan or SM Magnetics to ensure the information is correct and up-to-date.We encourage our customers to check other websites where they have a registered account.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
Our customers can, and should, log onto their registered accounts to update and correct any incorrect information, delete their account, and manage their subscription. If you have any problems accessing or updating your account, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Commitment to Privacy
Every employee at SuperMagnetMan and SM Magnetics understands the importance of privacy, confidentiality, and protecting every customer’s information. This policy is presented to every employee.
If our website contains any links to any website outside of one owned by SuperMagnetMan or SM Magnetics, we are not responsible for their privacy practices and would encourage you to learn about their privacy practices before disclosing your personal information to them.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR is an EU Regulation to improve the protection of the personal data of EU citizens and increase the obligation of organizations and companies that collect or process personal data. SuperMagnetMan and SM Magnetics will process orders for EU customers through its websites, however the data is securely stored on the servers with Shopify.
Links to Other Websites
Limitation of Liability
SuperMagnetMan and SM Magnetics exercise reasonable efforts to safeguard the security and confidentiality of your personal data; however, transmissions protected by industry standard technology and administered by humans cannot be guaranteed to be secure. SuperMagnetMan and SM Magnetics will not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal data that occurs through no fault of SuperMagnetMan or SM Magnetics, including by not limited to, errors in transmission, access to your account by anyone who uses your user ID and password, your failure to comply with security obligation, and the unauthorized acts of SuperMagnetMan or SM Magnetics employees.
Inquires can be made by emailing us at email@example.com