0.157" (4mm) OD x 0.039" (1mm) ID x 0.197" (5mm) long, N40 Rare Earth Neodymium Tube Magnet, Magnetized through the length. Nickel Plated.
Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) = 10 pcs
Common Applications: Motors, sensors, consumer electronics, and medical applications
About Small Tube Magnets: Defined with an outside diameter (OD) equal to or less than 0.250” (6.35mm). The outer diameter (OD), inner diameter (ID), and length will determine the reach and profile of the magnetic field and performance of the tube magnets.
Direction of Magnetization (DOM): Tube Magnets are manufactured so the DOM is set during the manufacturing process and cannot be changed. Available options during manufacturing for DOM:
- Through the length
- Across the diameter
- Multiple poles on the face of the magnet
- Radially magnetized, with a single pole or multiple poles on the OD and ID
Magnetic Grades: To view a table of grades and specs, see our Neodymium Magnet Grades & Specs
About Nickel Coating on Magnets:
- Most common coating on magnets
- Actually 3 layers, nickel-copper-nickel
- Protection of the magnet from corrosion in ambient air
- Not a protective coating from humidity, water, or salt water
- Light protection of the magnet from chipping
- A decorative finish
- Shiny metallic gray finish
- Thickness: 12-25 microns
- Cost: Low
- Max working Temp: Approximately 200oC
View Characteristics of Magnet Coatings for information on all our coating options.
Custom Magnets: Need custom Tube Magnets? Use one of the below methods to contact a magnetics specialist about your application.
Safe Magnet Practices: Neodymium Magnets are a valuable resource to engineers, innovators, product designers and DIY professionals. Always practice safe handling and keep away from children at all times.
|Inside Diameter||0.039" (1mm)|
|Max Working Temp||80°C|
|Outside Diameter||0.157" (4mm)|
|Direction of Magnetism||Through length|