1.715" (43.55mm) OD x 1.160" (29.46mm) ID x 0.215" (5.46mm) thick, tolerance +/- 0.004" (0.10mm), PTFE Coated, N42 Rare Earth Neodymium Ring Magnet, Magnetized through the thickness.
Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) = 1 pc
Common Applications: Motors, medical devices, automotive, robotics, sensors, consumer electronics.
About Large Ring Magnets: Defined with an outside diameter (OD) equal to or greater than 1.000” (25.40mm). The outer diameter (OD), inner diameter (ID), and thickness will determine the reach and profile of the magnetic field and performance of the ring magnets.
Direction of Magnetization (DOM): Ring Magnets are manufactured so the DOM is set during the manufacturing process and cannot be changed. Available options for DOM that can be produced during manufacturing:
- Through the thickness
- Across the diameter
- Multiple poles on the face of the magnet
- Radially magnetized, with a single pole or multiple pole on the OD and ID
Magnetic Grades: To view a table of grades and specs, see our Neodymium Magnet Grades & Specs
About Molded PTFE Coating on Magnets:
- Requires molds and tooling
- Excellent protection to magnet against breakage, impact, and corrosion
- Available on magnets that are medium to larger in size. Small magnets cannot be molded, but can be sprayed (see Spray PTFE – Teflon)
- Provides a protective coating from humidity, fluids and AutoClave
- Color of PTFE is white
- Thickness: 0.5-1 mm
- Cost: molds & tooling are required, and cost is dependent upon complexity of each. Cost / pc will decrease quickly with large quantities
- Max working Temp: Approximately 250o C
- Gluing PTFE magnets onto steel or plastic has very poor adhesion. A mechanical hold is recommended
- Main Industries: Predominantly medical and food industries.
View Characteristics of Magnet Coatings for information on all our coating options.
Custom Magnets: Need custom Ring Magnets? Use one of the below methods to contact a magnetics specialist about your application.
Safe Magnet Practices: Neodymium Magnets are a valuable resource to engineers, innovators, product designers and DIY professionals. Always practice safe handling and keep away from children at all times.
TEF R1715Regular price $18.00
|Inside Diameter||1.160" (29.46mm)|
|Max Working Temp||80°C|
|Outside Diameter||1.715" (43.55mm)|
|Direction of Magnetism||Through thickness|