0.500" (12.70mm) diameter base x 0.500" (12.70mm) tall. North at tip, South at base. N50 Rare Earth Neodymium Cone Magnet, Nickel Plated.
Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) = 1 pc
Common Applications: Sensors, R&D, and medical applications
About Mid-Sized Cone Magnets: Defined with a base between 0.251” (6.375mm) - 0.999" (25.375mm). The base, height, and top will determine the reach and profile of the magnetic field and performance of the cone magnets.
Direction of Magnetization (DOM): Cone Magnets are manufactured so the DOM is set during the manufacturing process and cannot be changed. Available options during manufacturing for DOM:
- From the base to the tip / top
Magnetic Grades: To view a table of grades and specs, see our Neodymium Magnet Grades & Specs
About Nickel Coating on Magnets:
- Most common coating on magnets
- Actually 3 layers, nickel-copper-nickel
- Protection of the magnet from corrosion in ambient air
- Not a protective coating from humidity, water, or salt water
- Light protection of the magnet from chipping
- A decorative finish
- Shiny metallic gray finish
- Thickness: 12-25 microns
- Cost: Low
- Max working Temp: Approximately 200oC
View Characteristics of Magnet Coatings for information on all our coating options.
Custom Magnets: Need custom Cone Magnets? Use one of the below methods to contact a magnetics specialist about your application.
Safe Magnet Practices: Neodymium Magnets are a valuable resource to engineers, innovators, product designers and DIY professionals. Always practice safe handling and keep away from children at all times.
|Max Working Temp||60°C|
|Direction of Magnetism||North at tip; South at base|